Monday, June 9, 2014

Thank You

Well today I had my final follow up with Gavin and Ginger and I have to say I am very proud of myself.  Some numbers stayed the same, some changed, but to me for the first time in my life those numbers were not a huge concern.  After teen years fighting an eating disorder and as an adult always weighing myself, and always obcessing about weight I have come to learn with this program that its ok to STOP the obcession, excerise doing things that feel good and are interesting to you and to eat healthy and if at times you dont its ok, that is why we are given the gift of a next meal to eat heathier.  In this whole journey Gavin is the person that has turned my life around.  I told him in our first meeting, I am a good starter, but I never finish. Today sitting with him I said to him, I did it, I finished and I am so happy to be able to hit my 50th birthday this week, with a new attitude toward health and nutrtion. I know longer have to obcess. I have a new attitude and I am so appreciative for all I have learned.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats, Michele. You should be very proud of your accomplishment. And congrats on the big 5-0. What a great birthday gift you are giving yourself. Hugs, Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news Michele!!!! Thanks for sharing this with us. It is so uplifting and positive. You sound happy and accomplished; and that is a great feeling!
    Congratulations and I am very happy that you've learned all these wonderful things in this program.
    Best and see you soon
    Gabriela :)

    ReplyDelete