Thursday, May 1, 2014

Thank you Gavin

For always making me see the sunshine in this journey I am taking.  It never fails, I enter his office feeling sometimes defeated, sometimes confused, sometimes just looking for answers. And while we sit and discuss my journey he teachers me that I do have the answers, I just dont realize it. What lies inside each of us is the answer.  I have been forcing myself to like going to the gym and working with a trainor, but that's not me, I am more of a grab my sneakers and walk outside, or take a group excerise class.  I'm also not a count my calories, write down everything I eat type of person.  But what I am is a person that enjoys outside excerise and eating fresh fruits and vegetables.  Someone that really does love who she is even if the number on the scale isn't what it said 10 years ago. I am happy that all my blood work is normal and healthy, even though my BMI is "overweight".  I realized so much in a 30 minute meeting with this man I call a friend.  He told me, be you, do what you enjoy and live a happy and above all healthy life.  Don't do things that make you feel defeated or a failure, do things you like to do that make you feel you succeeded.  I have a totally whole new outlook on this journey.

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Michele. You and Gavin are both inspirational.

    ReplyDelete