Thursday, April 24, 2014

Having a special meal without derailing weight loss efforts

Really enjoyed a special dinner my friend made tonight and don't have the "I blew it" feeling that accompanied many meals in the past.  Asked her for a preview of the menu a couple days ago and planned accordingly.  I had lots of fruits and veggies in my breakfast, lunch and snack so had about 800 calories of my 1400-1600 calorie range left to spend and I enjoyed very calorie.

We had a glass of champagne, followed by a fresh ricotta, arugula and tomato salad.  The main course was roasted chicken, sauteed broccoli rabe and artichoke risotto.  For dessert, I brought frozen Greek yogurt topped with mangoes and berries with a strawberry, blackberry and raspberry sauce.  The big difference for me was slowly enjoying one serving of everything and not going back for seconds (or thirds) as I always would have in the past.  I came in just over 1500 calories for the day, had a lovely meal and am a happy camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment