Sunday, April 6, 2014

It pays to read food labels

In my effort to cut down on the amount of meat I eat, I decided to try some recipes with tofu.  This weekend's recipe was tofu with a coconut/curry sauce, tomatoes and scallions.  I read the calories and ingredients on the coconut milk can while in the store but didn't notice the saturated fat until after the meal was cooking and I was entering the food into LoseIt.  I was horrified to learn each serving would have more than 20g of saturated fat!  So much for a healthier meal.  Lesson learned.  I will find another curry and tofu option next time.

1 comment:

  1. Win some lose some, that is what life is all about. But you tried something new, and learned something new as well. You have come such a long way in 3 weeks, just think about how much excitement there is ahead of us. Good luck and may you be blessed everyday.

    ReplyDelete