Tuesday, April 15, 2014

We need to stop overflowing our tanks

You know that awful feeling when the gas pump doesn't switch off and you see gas spill on the ground and get wasted?  It hit me last night when Gabriela made a comment about "food being fuel" that we don't seem nearly as concerned about eating more than we need to run our bodies.  I just need to look at my hips, tummy, etc. to realize I've been topping off my tanks for years.  The other thing I thought about is you wouldn't be surprised if your car developed some knocks and other problems if it got fed cheap, low octane gas all the time so why should we expect our bodies to perform at their best if we shovel in junk food or too many empty calories?  Let's treat our bodies as well as our cars from now on.  The Better U Challenge is like being up on the lift -- we're checking under the hood and seeing what's working and what's not.  Let's make sure that we take care of this important asset, give it a little high test from time-to-time and schedule some routine maintenance for ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment