Saturday, April 19, 2014

Ricotta and Eggplant Stacks from Go Red Cookbook

My hubby Evan and I made these yesterday from the Go Red Cookbook (p. 192) and they make a very festive looking and filling meal (see pics), especially when using multi-colored peppers.  The flavor was better today but they were still a bit bland (I used dried basil and I'm sure fresh would have helped) so I would consider adding Italian seasoning and a little crushed red pepper next time.  I skipped the oil due to broiling, which brought the calories down to 150 per stack so we each ate 2 as a main course.  Because we doubled the recipe, we went through 2 rounds of broiling, which was a bit time consuming.  Evan came up with the idea of grilling the eggplant and peppers next time, which would be faster and might add flavor.  Definitely worth a try if you're looking for a very low cal substitute for eggplant parmigiana.


2 comments: