Monday, March 24, 2014

Giving Up an Old Friend

It's been so many years that I have been drinking Diet Coke.  I drank so much of this stuff, I actually have a christmas ornament diet coke can.  I knew going into this new journey that it was going to have to be something I give up.  It was a comfort drink that got me thru my afternoons at work.  Well now I had to find a new friend.  We'll DC wasn't an easy friend to replace, but little by little I have tried more healthy options.  I have now brought almonds into my afternoons.  I still miss my friend, but I know it was best for me.  Has anyone else had to let go of a special friend?

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain. I was a 2 or more DC a day girl and broke the habit a couple years ago. I have a couple a month now and enjoy them when I do but don't feel the pull like I used to. I use big water bottles with various flavors of Mio and love flavored seltzers. My hubby got me a Sodastream machine, which is nice because I can have a bottle of seltzer made in a few seconds. I use mostly fresh lemon or lime for flavoring. It's a big change but I have faith that you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Water is the best choice for beverages, low-fat milk and natural no-sugar added juices. See this news about diet soda and increased risk of vascular events: http://health.usnews.com/health-news/family-health/heart/articles/2011/02/09/can-diet-soda-boost-your-stroke-risk

    ReplyDelete