Tuesday, March 18, 2014

We are not all Ferraris

so we shouldn't expect to go from 0-60 in our first week of exercise, especially if we haven't been regularly active. It was fun to have my first group personal training today (which I enjoyed sharing with Margie) but, as we were walking around, I could hear people in other groups saying things like "how many classes a day can I take?" and I thought to myself "these people are going to burn out in 2 weeks."  Granted those folks are in the Win to Lose weight loss challenge but you still don't want to kill yourself up front and find you can't make it to the finish line.  I've been going to the pool several days a week for a few years and can feel several muscles letting me know they got a workout today they weren't used to.  I had initially planned to go to all land classes as of this week but I think that's probably too aggressive and I should do a mix of what I'm used to and a couple new things until I build up more strength.  Right now, I look much more like a Volkswagen Beetle than a Ferrari but I'm hoping to trade this rusty old clunker for a sleeker model in June. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment