Monday, March 17, 2014

If something is important...it usually takes a lot of work...REALLY

I saw Eden and Mary Ann this morning as we began our journey to a lifetime of better health.  I just spent an amazing hour with many of the professionals who are so committed to our success and will guide, educate and support us for the next 12 weeks. Thank you, again, to everyone who is making The BetterU Challenge happen! 

I'm preparing myself for the road to be a long and bumpy one; hopefully not too many mountain passes where the shoulder of the road is nothing more than a few scattered rocks...like that's going to keep you from driving off into the gorge below!  I managed to find time to stay in good physical condition for most of my adult life; even as a single parent, commuting to NYC every day with a demanding job and all of the typical commitments with family and friends.  I made it happen. I know that I'm still that same person and can make it happen again.  I also know how much work it's going to take to get back to good health and I'm ready to start! 

To my 10 new friends... PLEASE push me, hold me accountable and call me on my nonsense when I find some very creative excuses not to do what I should...and we'll share in celebrating every success - big and small! 

1 comment:

  1. Sandra I promise to push you if you promise to push me. I start off well but never finish what I want to accomplish. I'm scared excited and alittle intimadated by the road ahead. I am willing to support you and all our fellow Better U friends. We need eachother now and hopefully at the end of the program we will have made some really great friends for life. Contact me at my email (mmartinich@optonline.net) if you want and we can keep in touch and motivate eachother to get our lives back on track.

    ReplyDelete