Sunday, March 23, 2014

Trying to retrain my tummy

to learn that it's not going to get fed every time it growls, especially in the evening.  I'm getting a better feel for real hunger vs. some of the "sport eating" I used to do when passing through the kitchen, Costco or other places where food is easily accessible, i.e. pop cakes in the grocery.  Keeping a food log is making me conscious of just how many calories I used to eat casually, especially things like chunks of cheese, a couple spoonfuls of almond butter or a little dish of buttered pasta or quinoa at night.  I'm still going to have a snack at night but I'm trying to find better options, like a 130 calorie Greek yogurt instead of pasta or cheese.  If anyone has healthy snack ideas to share, I'd love to hear them.  Thanks.

2 comments:

  1. Maryann: Here are some snacks that I enjoy.
    air popcorn, pretzels, hummus, lite cheese with cucumbers, veggies cut up with lite sour cream dip. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestions. Much appreciated. Keep up your good work too.

      Delete